Wednesday 10 June 2009

Random stuff

First day of Fuse was fun, Bezah, TTO, and I went down to the High St in Chatham, and caught some of the goings on. TTO and I took part in 'Etiquette', which was set up at the New Arts Centre Cafe. Essentially, what it involves, is 2 people sit down at a table, that has a number of different objects on it. You then each put on headphones, through which you hear a voice telling you what to say to each other, and what to do with the various objects in front of you. All this takes place while the other customers in the cafe carry on around you, either watching, or completely ignoring you. It was an incredibly strange and intense experience: not sure I would want to do it again, but I was glad I was brave enough to do it this once.



We also spent a little time having a coffee and burger at the cafe (one of my fav places in Chatham, which I'll tell you more about in a future post, then ventured in to the High Street.

Have a look at this likely lot:





The Balloonatics with their 'victim' Andy, wearing his balloon aqualung




I asked his mum's permission to use this on my blog, but didn't dare ask him what his name was....especially because, when I asked if he wanted to see the photo, his response was a very curt "No".


Artizani, who were even more entertaining when they got distracted by some rather attractive young ladies walking past....




The Insect Circus Museum (no actual live insects, much to the disappointment of one spectator)




The Camera Obscura, giving you a completely different perspective on Chatham High Street.


The evening workshops on Chatham Riverside were good fun; we were joined there by my friend Sam, and we both decided to get henna tattoos:




Sam



Me


I'm pleased to say, although it has faded considerably, you can still see it a bit. A henna tattoo is something I've wanted to try for ages, so it was great to have one for free, and I'd try to do it again myself, for a bit of fun. A permanent tattoo has never appealed to me because I change my mind so easily, so this seems a fun compromise!



I also had an Indian head massage, which was very relaxing. Unfortunately, the weather was not so relaxing, so Bezah, Sam & I bought some totally gorgeous chickpea curry (TTO is not a fan of curry, so he refrained), and went back to TTO's flat for the evening. Sadly, this meant we missed the fireworks, which I heard afterwards were really good, but there are so many other events, that I'm not too sad about missing them (it was
very cold by the Riverside...)



Next Saturday is Rochester's turn for the Street Theatre, and workshops; TTO is champing at the bit to have a go at the Parkour, and also have another go at Capoeira, which he tried last year. I think I'll probably sit those out.....




XX

No comments: