Sunday 24 May 2009

New Beginnings

I have to confess to being more than a little nervous about starting a blog: the idea of laying my thoughts open to scrutiny is not one that comes easy to me! But there is also a part of me that thinks this could be good for me as well; nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that. So I hope that there will be at least a few people out there who will appreciate/enjoy/be stimulated by my musings, and who will also feel prompted to give me some feedback.

So hello to any stranger-friends out there; be kind, or at the very least, be gentle.

2 comments:

tamara said...

Hello, Purple Dragon - What a great name. I have just come across your site after seeing you comment on another Blog. I started my Blog about the same time as you and I too was worried at first about putting to much of my thoughts and feelings online, but what I do enjoy is sharing my recipies and reading other peoples ideas that they like to share.
I have moved a lot in my life and although I keep in touch with people it's actually harder now with email then it was in the past with a good old fashioned letter, I'm now finding my blog is a great way of sharing my general chitter chatter with people who I do not see as much as I would like to. Keep up the good work, I'll be back to see how your getting along.

http://www.bramptondeli.blogspot.com

the purple dragon said...

Thank you so much for your comments, it's lovely to think someone new is enjoying my mutterings. I've just had a look at your blog, and will definately be looking in again. Cats, gardening and food; hmmm feeling something familiar here....