Wednesday 15 July 2009

I Love....

Another day, another chance to let you know about some sites I love, for various different reasons.


Before that, though, I must share with you 2 major problems I have with working at my computer:




Beckett is nearly 2 years old, and is very noisy and lively, unless he's asleep, and when he wants attention, you really know about it! He has been known to jump on to the computer table and just paw at your face until you give him what he wants. He's named after Sam Beckett, but not the playwright. More about that in another post.





Holly, on the other hand, has perfected the art of THE STARE. Loud displays or begging are beneath her; she has the power to demand by thought, and uses it whenever appropriate. Holly was a rescue cat; I got her nearly 2 years ago, when my previous cat Tuppence died suddenly, and I wanted a companion for the new kitten (Beckett) I was soon to be getting.


I was planning on getting a younger cat, about 3 or 4 years, but 11 year old Holly followed me around the Cats Protection League as I was looking around, and once I read in her details that she had been there for over a year, since her previous owner had died, I couldn't say no.


So now you've met my greatest distractions (even more powerful than TTO: at least I can, occasionally say no to him )


But back to business, and some sites I would like to share.


The first one is a bit serious, but soooo useful, especially if, like me, you're constantly trying to chugg along through life on a low tank.


MoneySavingExpert has loads of advice for anyone who is in debt, wants advice about where to get the best deals on products, savings, investments etc. The forums are also a great source of info and tips; links to freebies and money off coupons are posted regularly. TTO and I have seen a few movies previewed free, and I've got loads of samples and coupons, so it's definately worth a look, and an explore.


Astronomy Picture of the Day, however, is all about WOW. Every day, a new picture is posted, with an explanation written by a professional astronomer. The images vary, from deep space,




to amazing earth-based pictures,




even diagrams





every time, with a little information about what it is. The pictures are amazing, and the info is interesting; all guaranteed to start your day with a lift, in a humbling kind of way.



Finally, anyone who has cats (and every one else, of course) should have a quick look at icanhascheesburger.com. The grammatically incorrect comments can get a little tedious at times, but for complete and utter cuteness, it is one of the best. If you need cheering up at any time, then follow the link; I defy you not to smile, even just inwardly.


Have a great day


XX

No comments: