Saturday 4 July 2009

Where Have You Been?

Well, you know what they say, time flies when you're having fun! I know, it's been such a long time since my last post - in that time my lovely son (henceforth known asWeasley) had his 21st birthday, and TTO had his 40th.


Weasley lives with His Lovely Girlfriend(HLG), and her parents, and they threw him a surprise BBQ, just close family and friends, on the 20th June, the day after his actual birthday. TTO, Shiny Thing, Her Lovely Fiance(HLF), and I all went along: his dad and stepmum also went, but later in the evening. HLG took him out for a walk with the dog while we arrived and ensconsed ourselves in their garden and waited for his return. His face was a picture when he came back and saw us - genuine surprise, which was really nice.


I must admit, I felt a little sad that other people were arranging treats for his special day, but, at the same time, I was glad at least someone was. It's one of the things you have to realise when your children leave home; you are no longer responsible for their every need.


But then, my children would probably argue that I very rarely catered for their every need! For those who may be curious as to whatWeasley's appearance is like, try clicking here. It explains his nickname perfectly, and also explains the very first words that I uttered when I first saw him - "Oh shit, he's ginger".


He'll never forgive me.


Back tomorrow with TTO birthday stuff


XX

No comments: